Advanced SAS Programmer/SQL Developer
12 months contract
SMART IT People has a 12 months contract for an Advanced SAS Programmer/SQL Developer for a Health Care client in Lansing, MI.
US citizens only. Once on board, ADP II Security Clearance will be required.
This is a Senior SAS/SQL Advanced developer opportunity responsible for data preparation and development of SAS processes/code from different sources of data to an Oracle data warehouse. The consultant will develop SAS reports as well (ie .. Proc Report, Data _Null_,Proc Tabulate).
- Bachelor of Science in computer science or related field
- Oracle experience is a must
- At least 5 years of SAS programming and SQL experience
- Advanced level SAS proficiency in the following:
o BASE SAS DATA step programming (i.e. Data step programming: use of functions, merges, dynamic formats, date formats, retains, arrays, hash tables, other Procs and advanced coding techniques for general data manipulation and reporting)
o SAS Macro language for use in making code more efficient and building modular systems (treating macros as subroutines)
o SQL programming (i.e. use of both SQL pass-through and PROC SQL via SAS/Access to one or more databases)
o SAS/Access to Oracle to Oracle RDBMS
o SAS Reporting - Proc Report, Data _Null_, Proc Tabulate, Proc Freq
o Leveraging and utilizing SAS Output Delivery System ( ODS )
- Understands SAS best practices, tips & tricks, and innovative in the usage of SAS
- Experience with proper SAS code testing procedures and has good understanding of when results are correct or need to be revised
- Self-starter, works independently as necessary, and with other business and technical people
- Ability to understand business requirements and validate / ask appropriate follow up questions in order to translate to what is needed for SAS processing
- Oracle RDBMS experience is a must
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and thought-leadership skills
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: email@example.com with job title in subject line.
Please note: No 3rd party vendors or visa sponsorship available for this position