Cloud Technologist with Big Data
Research Triangle Park, NC
Full time position
SMART IT People has a full time opportunity for a Cloud Technologist with Big Data for our client in Research Triangle Park, NC. The team is responsible for the design, implementation and development of pipeline capabilities across the entire software delivery lifecycle. Their mission is to enable application teams to deploy and manage their applications in the cloud friction-free through automation with integrated security and testing and also enable just-in-time provisioning as soon as application teams ready to release their code.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, Masters a plus
- 8+ years’ experience in Large Big Data Development and Deployment Automation in Private/Public cloud preferably on AWS
- Understanding principles, best practices and trade-offs of schema design for both Relational and NoSQL database systems.
- Solid Understanding of Big Data NoSQL databases/technologies (DynamoDB, Hive. Spark, MongoDB)
- Hands-on experience in implementing batch and real-time Big Data integration frameworks.
- Solid understanding of data access and manipulation patterns, hands-on experience using Big Data Processing technologies such as Hadoop ecosystem
- Experience building Data Ingestion on the cloud (using tools like Glue, Sqoop or other vendor products like talend, Unifi or StreamSets)
- Experience with DevOps, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Maven, Jenkins, Stash, Ansible, Docker).
- AWS Cloud Certification
- Experience executing projects in Agile environments (Kanban and Scrum).
The ideal candidate will bring the following skills:
- You are fluent in core/scripting languages such as Python, Ruby, Go and Java, as well as strong unix/shell skills
- Your Big Data Skills with popular stacks like Hadoop/Spark
- Your knowledge of AWS CloudFormation, Openstack HEAT templates and Terraform
- Your experience in proven delivery and proposing solutions, roadmaps and collaboratively defining solutions and the needed architecture to enable it
- Your ability to build support among key stakeholders across business units for proposed strategies and solutions
- Your ability to provide technical leadership to the development, QA and support teams in preparing the design artifacts and implementation of solutions
- You have the ability to identify integration patterns and points between various design areas and should be able to track the implementation of integrations
- You are capable of mentoring the members of the development teams
- You are able to analyze business direction and problem, understand long term vision and risk and develop strategy and guide technical solutions
- Your ability to work on initiatives and projects that cut across divisional and organizational boundaries; working with peers, technical and non-technical team members on POCs and Projects independently to drive results and business value
- Your ability to identify measurable dimensions (including ROI) of a business problem and present the options with pros and cons
- You have excellent presentation, documentation, communication and influencing skills, as well as skills which present/influence technology direction in business context to the stakeholders.
You will work within the Continuous Delivery team to focus on enabling seamless automation of deployment through our Container as a Service and Internal/External cloud platforms. You will be reporting to the Lead of the Pipeline Services Continuous Delivery team. This role is focused on hands-on development and delivery, which requires a combination of both strong technical and influencing skills, as well as participation in architecture, design and analysis activities.
Identifying functional & non-functional requirements that are not currently met by the required capabilities and advocate solutions to address these gaps. Applying appropriate approaches to assessing trade-offs among architectural goals
Implementing commit, acceptance and release capabilities from roadmap across CaaS/Internal/External cloud platforms with reference pipeline
Actively participating in planning, definition, design & integration of pipeline services releases working with other BU SME’s/Architects as required to assure consistency of product development and adoption of the product asset base across the product line
Leading and presenting technical solutions (e.g. POC) and the underlying business requirements that drove its development and value provided; assessing the technical integrity and risks inherent in that solution in such a way that the recommendations and findings are appropriate and can be implemented across at scale across the organization.
Working closely with internal Cloud Computing teams in technology selection, evaluation, policy recommendation and configuration and provide appropriate pipelines to address deployment patterns needed
Leading the implementation of generic common components/services aspects of pipelines, which may include applications, infrastructure, security and/or database strategies
Participating in defining the technical & coding standards and guidelines for the team or group as well as implementing a strong internal DevOps process
Actively monitoring and participating in external IT resources and communities and sharing knowledge with various architect communities
Participating in critical problem solving and advanced technical troubleshooting to assist the organization; driving resolution to technical issues; lead and perform impact analysis
Working with DevOps Leads and chief architect on evolving our pipeline service strategies to align industry trends with product strategy to drive business success
Coaching and mentoring the technical team on IT Product/Application Strategy and Architecture
Building relationships with development teams with quick alignment of value and understanding of the business and technology
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: email@example.com with job title in subject line.