Desktop Support Analyst
Full time position
SMART IT People has a full time opportunity for a Desktop Support Analyst to provide end user help desk support and assist in maintaining network infrastructure in Raleigh, NC.
- 3+ years desktop support experience (phone and in person support) for a small to medium sized corporate IT department.
- Setup and support of external customers through an extranet solution
- Outstanding troubleshooting/problem resolution skills
- Excellent end user interaction skills including training
- Strong desktop support (Win7)
- Windows Server
- SQL Server
- Thin Client
- Citrix or terminal server support skills
- VM Server
- Telephone System add/changes
- Support of over 100 mobile devices.
- Web programming skills
- MS Access, Crystal or other report writer skills beneficial.
- Combine your technical and relational skills, supporting 150 note MS network (2 person team). A computer generalist is needed with diverse skills and ability to independently learn quickly. Work is conducted at a quick pace.
- Will require evening and/or weekend work to assure uptime and good customer support.
- In general, install, provide training/support, and maintain all of hardware and software systems; including, PC, servers and networking functionality. Assist the Information Systems Manager in implementation of Automation Plan and Quarterly Objectives.
Administer all local hardware including all PC's, printers, and peripherals.
Assist in supporting Server infrastructure.
Maintain Network Security, Antivirus, Antispam and Backup solutions
Administer, troubleshoot and provide daily PC/laptop hardware and software assistance to all employees/depts.
Maintain phone, voicemail and alarm systems.
Maintain cell/smart phones.
Support Customers' users on e-business tools in an efficient and personable attitude.
Application Support/End-User Support
Provide first level support on all implemented software and provide advanced support on a number software packages.
Maintain, upgrade, and tune all software, and track and maintain licensing
Provide up to mid-level training on computer software packages and hardware.
Setup access and cut access for users as appropriate.
Keep a pleasant, professional, and helpful demeanor, including in possibly stressful circumstances.
Work closely with IT manager on corporate initiatives.
Minimize computer down-time, therefore may require late hours for system maintenance, and on-call during off hours in the case of a major system component crashing.
Everything required to support internal or external customers, IT related or otherwise.
Outstanding diagnostic and troubleshooting skills
Good interpersonal skills including working in a team, and being able to present to a group and customers.
Experience in supporting hardware/software in the Small-Med Business Environment.
Computer generalist experience.
Strong self-directed research skills.
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.