SMART IT People has an exciting opportunity for a Director of Sales Engineering in the Lehigh Valley area of PA to lead a 20 person Sales Engineering team within the Sales & Marketing organization.
Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
Minimum 10 years trucking industry experience in engineering, manufacturing, or product development
Minimum 5 years management experience
Working knowledge of client's Products and Systems
The Director of Sales Engineering serves as the primary field and dealer sales touch point on engineering-related topics during the new truck quote and order process.
- Improve dealer truck specification process, provide technical guidance to dealers during specification process to ensure fit for application and quality, review/approve customer adaptation (CA) requests, and provide input into new product offering decisions.
- Sales Engineering serves as the sales interface with related technical internal functions, including Technology (Engineering), Purchasing and Operations (Manufacturing).
- Department responsibilities and goals are in pursuit of overall business goals of meeting/exceeding customer expectations and driving profitable growth for the company.
- As the leader of this department, the Director of Sales Engineering will establish/refine department priorities, align human resource capacity and capabilities, and manage to agreed Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), including: dealer satisfaction with specification process, fully-engineered order percentage, customer adaptation (CA) turnaround time, CA quality and CA profitability.
- Establish and direct team to measurable targets that drive operational excellence, increase ease of doing business, and ultimately contribute to customer satisfaction
- Establish culture of continuous improvement within the Sales Engineering group with aspiration of becoming best in the industry
- Support lead-time reduction activities in conjunction with peers within Sales & Marketing and across functional lines
- Support Market Earnings Governance (MEG) and Product Earnings Governance (PEG) activities, as they relate to Sales Engineering, to ensure that our product offer aligns with market share and profitability objectives
- Continuously develop individual and team knowledge and competence surrounding targeted vehicle vocational segments. Become the experts in terms of supporting targeted segments with best in class product specifications
- Coordinate closely with Channel Development function to develop packaged vehicle specifications for various vocations and applications, striving to make our client the leader in Application Excellence.
- Provide leadership, direction and project input in areas related to technical support as our client transitions into new systems. Lead change management effort in the Sales Engineering team.
- Provide input to ensure that trends in customer adaptations are being incorporated into major projects to keep our client current and competitive.
Development of direct reports and others:
Integrity and trust:
Ethics and Values:
Drive for results:
Learning on the fly:
To apply, please send resume in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.
Director, Sales Engineering
Lehigh Valley, PA