SMART IT People has an excellent full-time opportunity for a Director of Competence Development (Training & Development) in Greensboro, NC. This position has a lucrative base salary + 30% bonus.
Lead the organization in the analysis, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of training activities supporting customers and dealers in the US, Canada and Mexico and provide training support for dealers globally.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Adult Education, Organizational Development, Instructional Design and/or equivalent plus relevant experience, Master’s Degree in Business Administration preferred
- 10 years of experience in the heavy-duty or medium-duty truck, automotive, construction, agriculture or other capital equipment industries or equivalent leadership experience in training and development function
- Frequent domestic and international travel.
- Lead the Academy training organization in the execution of the overall Sales & Marketing and Academy mission, vision, wanted position, values, strategic objectives and corresponding activities.
- Collaborate with dealer and customer advisory organizations seeking input into identifying training needs and validating training content to secure stakeholder buy-in and support and maximizing impact to the performance of the business.
- Collaborate with corporate stakeholder organizations to fully understand commercial business goals, objectives, key projects, and performance challenges.
- Lead the Academy training organization to develop and implement targeted training solutions in support of these business goals, objectives, key projects, and performance improvement initiatives as part of the annual learning business plan process and within corresponding budget allocation.
- Lead the Academy training organization to ensure that the Academy training offering is of the highest quality, relevant, impactful and cost effective. The training will be delivered using web-based, social media, performance support tools, instructor-led, and train-the-trainer blended learning methodologies.
- Lead the Academy training organization to align all training activities with corporate communication and brand policies, guidelines, strategies, imaging and messaging in order to drive the ultimate dealer and customer experience.
- Recruit, retain, and develop key talent within the Academy training organization.
- Actively pursue and participate in training and education activities that improve leadership instructional design, instructional technology, and other skills. Participate in industry conferences, exhibits, dealer meetings and other commercial activities with the goal of expanding industry knowledge and understanding of all activities and functions throughout the Sales and Aftermarket Channel.
Hiring and Staffing
Developing direct reports and others.
Building Effective Teams
Integrity and Trust
Ethics and Values
Managing through systems.
Learning on the fly.
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.
Director, Training & Development