Software Configuration & Change Management/Implementation Consultant #5787
Glen Allen, VA
SMART IT People has a long term contract / contract to hire opportunity for an Implementation Consultant in Glen Allen, VA.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Work with the customer technical and clinical teams during on-site and virtual meetings to review application functionality and solicit application configuration requirements.
- Development, deployment, and testing of configuration release packages based on customer requirements.
- Hands-on the system configuration, implementation, deployment, and troubleshooting.
- Production, preparation, and execution of sanity integration and user acceptance test plans and execution.
- Production of supporting technical documentation for internal and external publication.
- Achievement of agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule and to defined quality standards.
- Completion of all necessary software and non-software components in the time scales as defined by the Project Manager.
- Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant implementation standards.
- Timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by Line or Project Manager.
- Production and revision of accurate detailed estimates.
- Escalate product issues and suggest product improvements.
- Escalate all issues in a timely fashion.
- Mentor junior team members in best practices and standards.
Travel Requirements: Could be between 25-50% but will mostly average around 20% or less, nationally.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent Clinical/Business experience
- Ability to learn and understanding technical software.
- Ability to communicate and train others on technical information.
- Proven ability in configuring software parameters.
- Experience in leading change management.
- Ability to effectively use Microsoft Office Suite
Job Type: Contract
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in the subject line.