IT Desktop Support
1 year contract
SMART IT People has a 1 year contract opportunity for an IT Desktop Support contractor in Concord, NC. We are looking for a mix between customer service experience and a strong technical resource. This is first shift, M-F 8-5pm. Some OT possible with manager approval.
- 4 yr degree preferred but computer/network related training/experience would be considered.
- Previous desktop support. At least 1 yr. of IT experience.
- Setting up/imaging computers
- Intermediate software knowledge Altiris & Symantec.
- Must be familiar with laptops/desktops/printers LAN/WAN/Wireless networks
• Responsible for the effective acquisition, installation, maintenance, and use of desktop technology.
• May be responsible for the purchase and installation of hardware/software.
• Represents bridge between technology and business needs.
• Resolves problems with new and existing equipment.
• May train end users on software.
• Administers end user requests and projects.
• Coordinates resources to solve problems.
• Learning and applying a basic knowledge in one skill area.
• Limited use and/or application of technical principles, theories and concepts.
• Develops solutions to routine technical problems of limited scope.
• Work is closely supervised.
• Follows specific, detailed instructions.
• May be assigned to small projects or to phase(s) of larger projects.
• Contributes to the completion of routine technical tasks.
• Failure to achieve results can normally be overcome without serious affect on schedules and programs.
• Contacts are primarily with immediate supervisor, project leaders, and other professionals in the section or group.
• May or may not have frequent external customer contacts.
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: email@example.com with job title in subject line.