IT Project Manager
Hickory, NC (Charlotte in 1st half of 2019)
1 year contract
SMART IT People has a 1 year contract for an IT Project Manager in Hickory, NC. The position will be moving to Charlotte, NC in 1st half of 2019.
• Responsible for assembling project team, assigning individual responsibilities, identifying appropriate resources needed, and developing schedule to ensure timely completion of project and meeting deadlines of project.
• Develops project scope and objectives, as well as the role and function of each team member in order to effectively coordinate the activities of the team.
• Has an in-depth understanding of many skills and their applications/interactions or has a very in-depth or broad understanding of two or more skill areas.
• Applies extensive technical expertise, and has full knowledge of other related disciplines.
• Develops technical solutions to highly complex problems, which require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity.
• Work is performed without appreciable direction.
• Exercises considerable latitude in determining technical objectives of assignment.
• Completed work is reviewed from a relatively long-term perspective, for desired results.
• Guides the successful completion of major programs and may function in a project leadership role.
• Erroneous decisions or recommendations would typically result in failure to achieve major organizational objectives.
• Cross-functional team responsibility on complex components or complex projects.
• Provides guidance or direction to others.
• Represents the organization as the prime technical contact on contracts and projects.
• Interacts with senior external personnel on significant technical matters often requiring coordination between organizations. Specific expertise in Commercial/Web Applications and EDI is desired in the candidate.
Hickory, NC will be the office location. Travel costs from the office location to other sites for work are reimbursable. Travel costs from the candidates home to Hickory and back, are not reimbursable expenses.
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: email@example.com with job title in subject line.