SMART IT People has a contract to hire opportunity for a Manager of Sustaining Engineering Services (Infrastructure - Virtualization, Storage and Networking technologies) in Raleigh, NC.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience in the field of computer science, information systems, or business administration. Master’s degree in any of these fields with technology as a core component preferred.
- 10+ years progressive experience in technology fields.
- 4+ years experience leading technical teams and projects.
- 4+ years working in highly available production environments with external customers.
- 2+ years in Technical Lead or Architecture role.
- 1+ years working in a service provider environment.
- Solid technical foundations in storage, virtualization and network technologies.
- Proven ability to manage a cross functional team consisting of high level engineers or architects.
- Ability to lead projects from conception to implementation.
- Experienced with program/projects involving complex integration of disparate technologies/platforms.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to own and resolve complex technical issues.
- Must display a willingness to learn and self initiative.
Nice to have skills:
- Infrastructure management experience would be an asset
- Experience with Disaster Recovery planning and implementation
- Experience with providing multi-tenant, public cloud solutions
- Applicable certifications
The Manager of Sustaining Engineering Services will be responsible for focusing on the Infrastructure’s long-term growth, stability and maintenance within our Virtualization, Storage and Networking technologies. This candidate will be responsible for the operational run and maintain of our infrastructure including Shared and Multi-tenant clouds. This candidate will assist Engineering, Service Delivery, Sales and Solutions engineering with upgrades, maintenance and any run and maintain activities. This role will work in a team environment focusing on increased stability, strategic planning and future technology roadmaps while keeping the customer first mentality. The successful candidate will provide technical and managerial leadership to the team, meet deadlines, and clearly communicate issues and project status.
Team Responsibilities include:
Maintain production, test and QA environments including Virtualization, Storage and Network Infrastructure technologies
Leads sustaining effort for Public Clouds or other shared infrastructure deployments
Works with Service Delivery on stability and future roadmaps
Upgrades and maintains our Tierpoint infrastructure
Creates Run & Maintain Design documents
Creates documentation supporting Virtualization, Storage and Networking verticals
Escalation point for operational issues including participating in an on-call rotation
Assist Sales and Solutions Engineering with upgrades needed to support our customers
- Provide leadership to a team of Systems Engineers focusing on a multiple disciplines
- Manage team projects including strategic planning and future proofing capacity planning
- Provide accurate and timely status report on a weekly basis reporting on disposition of projects
- Perform reviews and be responsible for employee retention and recruiting
- Work in a team environment across the Architecture, Operations, and Business groups.
- Work collaboratively with all internal groups to guide the future of our Infrastructure.
- Partner with the Operations management to define internal standards, governance and change management processes, configuration management processes, architectural layouts, reference frameworks and direction for key virtualization technology initiatives and disciplines.
- Deliver technical presentations at industry conferences and marketing events
- Build relationships with IT executives, key decision makers, and senior technology influencers to proactively resolve their business needs
- Be accountable for the planning and implementation of comprehensive technical solutions that meet our clients' business requirements on high-impact projects
- Balance the long-term (or “big picture”) and short-term implications of individual decisions while applying solutions to business problems
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.
Manager, Infrastructure (Virtualization, Storage and Networking)
Contract to Hire