SAS Jr. Data Scientist/Statistical Analyst
6 months contract to hire
SMART IT People has a 6 months contract to hire opportunity for a SAS Junior Data Scientist/Statistical Analyst in Columbus, OH.
- A minimum Bachelor's degree in Statistics, Applied Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Data Science, Economics or a related quantitative discipline.
- Minimum of 1-3 years’ prior experience in predictive modeling, statistical analytics, and data mining preferred.
- 1-3 years of Utilities experience is preferred.
- Experience deriving SAS analytics and content with SAS 9.4 with DATA step, SQL programming and SAS Macro programming.
- Experience developing reports and content with SAS 9.4 Enterprise products with Enterprise Guide and SAS/STAT.
- Be proficient in Base SAS programming ( DATA step ), SQL programming (i.e., use of SQL pass-through or PROC SQL), as well as the - - SAS Macro language for use in making code more efficient
- Experience in statistical modeling techniques such as linear regression, logistic regression, cluster analysis, forecasting with programming experience with SAS.
- Prepare data mining data sets for modeling.
- Develop SAS programs to access data from various sources (e.g., reading in data sources and producing datasets suitable for SAS analytics); this will most often include data preparation, analysis and predictive model development.
- Ability to write SAS/SQL statements to store, retrieve, manipulate, integrate, validate, and summarize data.
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and thought-leadership skills.
- Develop moderately complex analytical tools to solve high-value business problems - working on moderately complex projects
- Proficiently utilize analytical tools and data management skills to provide actionable business intelligence
- Acquire business knowledge across the organization and utilize knowledge to devise meaningful analyses
- Identify and acquire data pertinent to solving a business problem
- Develop components of predictive and prescriptive systems to optimize operations and support strategic initiatives
- Apply data visualization tools to large data sets to enhance data understanding
- Perform research to keep abreast of industry practices.
- Consult with business unit partners to identify, prioritize, and develop actionable, insight providing analyses across a variety of core business areas
- Utilize inquiry skills to obtain a clear understanding of business processes and needs.
- Work with stakeholders to determine value that additional information derived from proper analyses could provide
- Collaborate with Information Technology partners to develop data acquisition and data management practices.
- Provide meaningful, concise reporting of analytic results.
- Develop concise meaningful written reports and provide oral presentation of information.
- Develop reporting dashboards that meet business needs for status, trends, and variances
- Collaborate with IT and business units to operationalize meaningful reports and dashboards.
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.