SMART IT People has an exciting full-time opportunity for a Senior VMware/VDI Systems Engineer in Farmington, CT with one of our clients, an enterprise level company with 30,000 users and 3,500 servers to join a team of 12 engineers. Salary is well over 6 figures with excellent benefits.
This role requires an experienced virtualization expert and ideally has enterprise level background with both hardware (converged/hyperconverged) and software (Horizon, NSX, vOPs, vRA, VxLAN, etc). knowledge expands well beyond just vCenter and Esx.
Desired Technical Competencies:
Converged and hyper-converged technologies
VMWare Virtualization including VDI, vROPs, vRA, vSAN,
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft server products and applications, Active Directory, Group Policy, LDAP, ADFS, DNS, DHCP
Deployment and management of Citrix XenApp, Provisioning Server, NetScaler, StoreFront, Web Interface, and associated environments
Epic Healthcare software and systems
2 factor authentication solutions such as RSA or Imprivata
Load Balancing such as F5 or Netscaler
Enterprise Antivirus solutions such as McAfee and Symantec
Windows OS Patching
Root Cause analysis and resolution
Wireshark network packet captures and analysis
Microsoft Exchange and Lync
SSL and Certificates
Storage and fileshares including DFS, SMB, CIF
- Under the direction of the Systems Engineering Manager this Tier III senior level position focuses on design, implementation, support, and management of complex IT systems supporting Epic electronic medical record systems (EMR).
- The Senior Engineer Level III is the final escalation point within the Technical Support Organization. Technical issues that cannot be resolved by levels 1 & 2 support staff are escalated to the Level III Senior Engineer. This role is capable of troubleshooting and resolving the most difficult and complicated issues. This position works closely with Engineers, Administrators, Field Support, Development and Service Desk.
- Part of a talented team of architects, engineers, and administrators delivering mission critical infrastructure ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance, and security.
- Fast-paced environment is largely virtualized, scalable architecture, supporting the entire enterprise consisting of over 3,000 Windows servers.
- This challenging position will present complex problems and requires a highly skilled Engineer able to operate independently as well as within a team.
- Ideal candidate will demonstrate technical leadership and subject matter expertise across several diverse competencies including networking, virtualization, storage, enterprise system solutions, and ability to translate technical product and architecture to all levels.
- Possess strong ability and knowledge to create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained.
- Contributes to RFPs, RFQs, RFIs, TCOs, ROIs, Best Practices, and process/procedure.
To apply, please send resume in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line
Senior VMWare/VDI Engineer