Sr. Business Analyst - US Healthcare systems #5826
Long term contract
SMART IT People has a long term contract opportunity for a Sr. Business Analyst in Boston (Burlington Woods, MA).
Start Date: 4/9/2018
End Date: 1/31/2020 with possibility of further extensions
Experience with Revenue Cycle Management and Practice Management applications preferred. Experience in designing applications to support US Healthcare systems a requirement.
Responsibilities and Duties
Purpose of the role The position is responsible for creating the business and/or functional requirements necessary for technology solutions that meet customer needs, expected delivery dates, and exceptional quality standards.
• Work under the direction of the Manager to provide application solutions for assigned business areas.
• Possess senior level functional knowledge of assigned application technology.
• Interact with business users to understand new business requirements and enhancement requests
• Serve liaison role between application technology vendors, internal IS groups, and business users
• Translation business requirements into product-specific designs and configuration, detailed requirement specifications and use cases.
• Deliver functional specifications, design documents, business process workflow and related documentation for new development projects and/or enhancement and modification requests to be used by Systems Analyst.
• Interact with Systems Analysts during the software build and/or configuration process and testing process.
• Perform functional application configuration and configure /run reports at user request.
• Design and execute functional, integration, and regression test plans for new application functionality, product releases and enhancement and regulatory modifications using business scenarios and use cases.
• Ensure programs meet business specifications.
• Demonstrate new functionality to business users seeking inputs on future direction.
• Review vendor provided documentation and user manuals needed to support the product.
• Directly interface with business users by responding to support calls escalated by the Service Desk.
• Participate in user focus groups and requirements workshops, vendor training and demonstrations.
Qualifications and Skills
Skill Set Desired:
• Experience designing applications for US Healthcare systems.
• Experience with Revenue Cycle Management and Practice Management preferred.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• BA or BS degree preferred and/or other relevant combination of training and experience.
• 4-6 years practical experience in providing business process and functional support for assigned product
• Travel requirements - minimal
• Working arrangements - M-F 7am - 3pm in the Burlington MA office
• 24 x 7 as required
Job Type: Contract
To apply, please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line