Sr. Software Engineer (VB/C#.NET/SQL Server)
Burlington Woods, MA
2 year contract
SMART IT People has a 2 year contract (with possible conversion to perm) for a Sr. Software Engineer in Burlington Woods, MA. Must have VB6, C#.NET, and SQL Server.
Purpose of the role: Perform Specification, Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance. Other tasks as directed by line or Project Manager.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance
• Ownership of assigned software and non-software deliverables
• Liaison with Business Analysts and/or internal / external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
• Production of accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
• Production, preparation and execution of unit test plans
• Production of efficient and fully documented code.
• Production of supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication
• Achievement of agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule and to defined quality standards
• Completion of all necessary software and non-software components in the timescales as defined by the Project Manager
• Ability to work with little day to day supervision from project and/or line manager
Quality and Adherence to Standards
• Tech Specs, Code and/or Unit Test Plans produced are all in line with the Traceability Matrix/Functional Specification.
• Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
• Peer review and sign-off of others work
• Timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by Line or Project Manager
• Production and revision of accurate detailed estimates
• Escalate product issues and suggest product improvements
• Escalate all issues in a timely fashion
• Mentor junior team members in best practices and standards
Qualifications and Skills
Skill Set Desired:
Must have senior-level proficiency in C#.Net. Typically, this requires 4 to 8 years of experience. Could be familiar with COM/DCOM.
Must have senior-level proficiency working with SQLServer, particularly stored procedures, and SQL data models. Typically, this requires 4 to 8 years of experience.
Should have senior-level proficiency in VB6 (or similar technology, i.e. VB.Net, with ability to demonstrate VB6 potential). Typically, this requires 4 to 8 years of experience.
Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree or relevant Technical / Business Experience.
Typically 4-8 years experience
Very little or no travel is required in this role
Monday through Friday or as defined by local requirements.
Job Type: Contract
To apply, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line