SMART IT People has a contract opportunity for a Sr. Software Engineer with ServiceNow expertise in Raleigh, NC.
This position is for an experienced CRM Developer. The candidate will be responsible for application development, configuration and general support of our production and development ServiceNow (SN) instances.
The candidate should have a fundamental understanding of SN functionality, architecture, configuration and integration technologies. The successful candidate will be responsible for creating & delivering, in a timely and accurate fashion, SN solutions using Java, Ajax and Jelly scripting languages along with standard out of the box configuration techniques.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Ability to comprehend business requirements and provide development solutions to meet these requirements with technologies listed above
• Perform configuration level tasks to meet business requirements including field setups, page layouts, role/profile changes, etc.
• Adhering to SW development life cycle methodology to include development based on business requirements, unit/UAT testing, and change documentation to meet change control requirements
• Adhering to project development lifecycle: working with IT BA’s or business SME’s regarding requirements, complete end to end implementation, and provide post deployment support
• Directly engage with the end user on requirements and offer direction and consulting where necessary
• Working in a case management application (such as SN or CA Service Desk)
Knowledge and experience:
• 3+ years of developing customizations for SN
• 5+ years of total IT experience
• ITIL certification
• Proven experience in SN implementations and customizations
• Experience in designing and developing software components and having a very strong service oriented background
• Proficiency in configuration and programming of ServiceNow
• Expert experience in the following SN modules: Incident, Request, Problem, Service Requests, CSM (client portal), CMDB, and domain separation
• Knowledge and hands-on skill of SN associated technologies, applications and tools: Java, Ajax, Jelly scripting and etc.
• ServiceNow integration experience, including between different business systems as well as working with integration tools and technologies such as REST.API
• ServiceNow data import, export and bulk data manipulation skills
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.
Sr. Software Engineer (ServiceNow)