Contract to Hire
SMART IT People has a contract to hire opportunity for a Systems Engineer in Litchfield, IL to install, implement, configure, upgrade, and optimize the performance of our client’s infrastructure environment.
Skill Set Desired:
- Successful completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or relevant technical experience.
- 2 to 5 years of experience
-Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
-Able to design, analyze, and troubleshoot distributed systems.
-Experience with Python, C#, or similar programming languages.
-Experience with SCM tools like Git.
-Working knowledge of automation systems like Jenkins, VSTS, TravisCI, GitlabCI and implementing continuous integration pipelines.
-Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Kubernetes, Docker/containers
- Microsoft Service Fabric, C# and .NET
- Cloud providers AWS, Azure, Google Cloud Platform
- Monitoring tools Kibana, Logstash, Elasticsearch, Prometheus, Azure Log Analytics, Azure - Application Insights, InfluxDB, Grafana
- Strong Windows background
• Possess expertise in the assigned technology domain.
• Manage, maintain, monitor and support the infrastructure environment in assigned technology domain.
• Install, configure and support hardware and software required to operate assigned technology.
• Provide ongoing maintenance including updates, patches and anti-virus updates.
• Troubleshoot and resolve issues in assigned technology including hardware, software, operating system and application-related issues.
• Conduct performance monitoring, system health checks, trending analysis and capacity planning.
• Provide 3rd level operational support for issues escalated from Service Desk.
• Develop and maintain documentation related to technology installation, administration and maintenance.
To apply, please send resume in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.