VB/C#.NET Developer #5962
Contract (possibility to hire)
SMART IT People has a contract (possible contract to hire) opportunity for a VB/C#.NET Developer in Burlington, MA to perform Specification/Tech Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance.
Skill Set Desired:
• Successful completion of a Bachelor's Degree or relevant Technical / Business experience.
• 4 to 8+ years senior-level proficiency in C#.Net. COM/DCOM a plus.
• 4 to 8+ years senior-level proficiency with SQLServer (stored procedures, and SQL data models.)
• 4 to 8+ years senior-level proficiency in VB6 (or similar technology, i.e. VB.Net, with ability to demonstrate VB6 potential).
• Design, Coding, Testing, Documentation in the areas of Development and Maintenance
• Ownership of assigned software and non-software deliverables
• Liaison with Business Analysts and/or internal / external customers to ensure that requirements are understood
• Production of accurate, unambiguous technical design specifications to the required level of detail in the timescales as defined by the PM
• Production, preparation and execution of unit test plans
• Production of efficient and fully documented code.
• Production of supporting technical and installation documentation for internal and external publication
• Achievement of agreed productivity targets in order to ensure developments are delivered within budget, to schedule and to defined quality standards
• Completion of all necessary software and non-software components in the timescales as defined by the Project Manager
• Ability to work with little day to day supervision from project and/or line manager
• Must have strong communication and inter-personal skills to work with team members locally and globally.
• Ability to analyze, research and troubleshoot issues in an effort to reproduce and resolve in a timely fashion.
• Tech Specs, Code and/or Unit Test Plans produced are all in line with the Traceability Matrix/Functional Specification.
• Ensure all work is reviewed to ensure adherence to the relevant development standards
• Peer review and sign-off of others work
• Timely and accurate reporting of project status as required by Line or Project Manager
• Production and revision of accurate detailed estimates
• Escalate product issues and suggest product improvements
• Escalate all issues in a timely fashion
• Mentor junior team members in best practices and standards
To apply, please send your resume in MS Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org with job title in subject line.